Friday, November 3, 2017

My love affair with coffee

On the rail because you know how I do
Well week 11 of the semester did not disappoint. More specifically Halloween was Tuesday, which meant I had to get all my work done so I could go out with my friends. We ended up going to a concert which was particularly fun because the music they played is similar to the music played at a music festival I'm going to this New Years in Lake Tahoe, CA. I actually went to the same festival, Snowglobe last year and had so much fun I have to go again. Therefore the concert Tuesday served as a nice little taste for what's to come this winter break. Not to mention the photographer of the concert snapped this cool shot of my high school friend, Will and I gigin' on the rail which he ended up posting on the concerts Facebook page. So what's new? I'm on the rise to fame;)

But back to the real world of being a college student, I managed to rally for my 8 am class the following morning and finished an English paper shortly after. How? Let me tell you the secret of my success: Coffee. 

Now there are two types of people in this world: coffee drinkers and non-coffee drinkers. And as I'm sure many of you know, once you start drinking coffee it's hard to stop. So before college I never had any interest in coffee. Simply, I thought it tasted disgusting and saw no use for it. Now however, fast forward to homestretch of my first semester of college, and I drink at least one cup every day and sometimes two if I know I'm going to be up late doing work. Don't get me wrong, it still tastes gross and I suffer with every sip, but it does help me jump start my day to get me going. 

What I think is an awesome asset to our school, that many don't know about is the on campus Starbucks located inside the Campus Store. Starbucks is awesome and has many different types of coffee beverages to choose from. Trust me I love Starbucks, but as a coffee drinker if I don't get my coffee in the morning then I know its going to be a hard day for me. Im sure all the other coffee drinkers understand that. The problem with this is after going to Starbucks everyday and consistently buying coffee, it really takes its toll on my sensitive college budget. But here's the solution: 
A KEURIG!!

Let me tell you how much I love this thing: It saves me money, makes got coffee in minutes, and did I mention it saves me money? Not going to lie, its nothing special just your average coffee machine, but do I have some memories with this thing. From 8 am classes to midnight papers this KEURIG is always there for me(unlike Starbucks which closes at 4:00) and is far cheaper too. The average coffee drinker actually spends $780 a year on coffee from nationally recognized coffee shops according to an CBS report and through using a KEURIG, the average coffee pod costs 0.58$ and the machine is about $80. So once you pay the $80 for the machine itself, thats only $200 a year on coffee pods. I'll take that deal any day. Not to mention the accessibility of having coffee whenever you want.

The introduction of coffee into my life has surely benefited me, apart from the occasional struggles of going to sleep at night, I'm allowed to get out the door on time to class ready to be engaged in those early morning classes and tackle my day. Overtime of course, the taste  gets better and therefore I can more easily cope with the challenges of being a college student. Coffee also provides many health effects which benefit it's user and lead to a healthier lifestyle by increasing fiber intake and lowering risk to many diseases.

Anyways, coffee is a big help in college, so hopefully from this blog for those of you current coffee drinkers I've opened your eyes to an alternative to the expensive Starbucks coffee as well as an option that's accessible no matter the time of the day. And as for those of you non-coffee drinkers, perhaps you'll give the lifestyle of bouncing off walls from productivity a chance, and also lower your risk to disease simultaneously. 

Till next time! Go Vaqueros!



No comments:

Post a Comment