Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Why the Express to Success is the move



I think it's fair for me to say my love for Santa Barbara wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for the school. Apart from being footsteps from the beach, SBCC offers an array of programs and student services to help students succeed. Services ranging from the Transfer Academy, Writing Center, and to my personal favorite the Express to Success Program.

All student services here at SBCC are no doubt valuable, however I believe the Express to Success Program(ESP) is particularly beneficial. In short, the program enables students to take either two math classes or two english classes simultaneously during a semester. Meaning you can kill two birds with one stone in a sense. The classes are no doubt rigorous as you'll have class 4 days a week, but the results are worth it. I'm currently enrolled in the ESP Math 107/117 class and must admit that I wasn't too excited to have class everyday, but I believe it's led me to strengthen my math skills and also really like the subject. By having class 4/7 days a week, you truly get to know your professor and your professor really gets to know you. I think this allows the professor to better understand the needs of the student allowing them to teach in a more personalized way to confirm student understanding.

ESP allows it's students to get up to speed and even get ahead on their journey to complete their necessary course requirements for transfer or complete their degree/certificate. Additionally, the program comes with specialized counselors who are always ready to help along with a private study area and on-site tutors.

For any SBCC student, current or future I strongly recommend this program to help you on your journey to transfer or earn a certificate/degree!

Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment