Sunday, October 29, 2017

65° and rain, winter's here

Well this is awkward. After returning home last week and deciding I would appreciate the Santa Barbara weather more, it got cold.  Yes, it is the last week of October, and it's finally cold after entering the 60's. No blue sky, no sun, and waving palm trees. I think since I moved to Santa Barbara my comfort zone for temperature now ranges from 75°-85°. So in other words I finally wore pants for the first time since I've moved here. Here's a picture as proof that the impossible finally happened.

It even managed to rain in Santa Barbara. Not really, but it did rain in my apartment! Yes, raining in my apartment. First of all, I currently live at Beach City. I like it a lot: good social life, lots of events, cheap, and the staff are super helpful. However, as I was going to bed last night I couldn't help but notice a sound. Specifically the sound of water coming out of our light sockets in the hallway and bathroom. Yes at 1:00 am exactly, twas' quite the situation to deal with after waking from a good sleep. After initially putting buckets under the pouring waterfalls, I then realized I'd spend the entire night setting alarms every other hour to empty the buckets. I quickly found the power box and cut the water making the leaks drip to a stop. And with my luck of course, Beach City's office would be closed Sundays so I can't get help unless I hire my own plumber. Beach City has workers for that so I can manage with no water for a night. Life without water hasn't been too bad, after showering at a neighbors, hopefully I can sort this out and move on. Definitely expect a post at the end of the semester with a personalized review of Beach City, my apartment vendors. Here's a quick recap after my visit to Niagara falls: 




I'm not going to lie that after the water incident last night I'm going into this week a little stressed. I've got a group project due, math exam, a meeting with my counselor to plan out my classes, a blogging and a social media worker meeting, a meeting with the Economics club President, not to mention it's also Halloween Tuesday, so I'm going to a concert that night. 



You can bet I'll keep you updated on how it all pans out so stay tuned! 
And lets hope I can get these leaks fixed, go Vaqueros!





No comments:

Post a Comment