Saturday, October 14, 2017

First Time At UCLA

Being one of my potential transfer schools I was more than excited to finally see the UCLA's campus for the first time. After a combination of public transport systems between busses and train rides I finally arrived in Westwood to see their beautiful campus. I linked up with one of my high school best friends who's a student in the art program and also invited me to his frats event that night, Lambda Chai Alpha.

Here are my impressions after my first visit to the school. For starters, the food: The cafeteria is bomb. Here at SBCC our cafeteria is no doubt stellar, but UCLA is in a league of their own. I was truly impressed with the food, leading me to stuff myself, like the hungry college student I am. Also a bonus for campus food is the In-N-Out down the street.

More impressive however, was the beauty of the campus. Despite not having a beach bordering the campus the school makes up for this with a combination of new modern buildings along with the old fashioned red brick halls. For being in LA the school also has a lot of nature including big lawns and even pine trees giving the school a nice combination of nature and modernness.

I really liked the campus and had a great time while I was there as it's always great to see old friends. All in all a pretty successful trip south to further strengthen my desire to transfer.

Back to the books for now.
Stay tuned!


























No comments:

Post a Comment