Sunday, September 17, 2017

Why did I think it was a good idea to go to LA?

To begin the week of 9/11-9/17, I had an exciting meeting with the Transfer Academy to plan out my remaining semesters at SBCC and fill them with the necessary classes in order to transfer to my desired school. As of right now I have my eyes set on New York University with hopes of potentially transferring after my first year, however the tuition at NYU is quite a load(especially out of state) so perhaps it would be in my best interest to stay a second year in Santa Barbara. While going into my second year in Santa Barbara I'm hoping to successfully please all the course requirements for UC Los Angeles and UC Berkeley. Yes, I'm aware in my first About Me blog post I mentioned how I was hoping to stay in California for school but after careful consideration I feel that since I was young I've always wanted to live in either LA or NY at one point of my life and maybe because I'm from California I may be bias towards LA but I think New York would be a great fit for me. I love big cities and more importantly I love busyness and productivity so what better place to study than in the city that never sleeps. I think the city itself is something in itself and I don't need to persuade anyone otherwise.

On top of the excitement of transferring I also had the pleasure of hosting the first Snapchat takeover for SBCC, this was not only SBCC's first Snapchat takeover but also the first time I've done anything like this. It was definitely an interesting experience for many reasons. Obviously nothing was of a surprise to me considering the Snapchat followed my daily routine but it was really cool to be able to share my life with so many people at once. Also it was a lot of fun to walk around campus and have people recognize me from the Snapchat, I almost felt like a celebrity.  All in all I think the day went fairly smooth and had a lot of fun promoting SBCC student life from my own perspective and is definitely something I'd be open to doing again.

 




















Perhaps most exciting was over the weekend I went down to Loyola Marymount University to see a high school friend and had a lot of fun with him and I also had the opportunity to tour LMU's beautiful campus. The following day I met up with a group of my high school friends and hit the streets of Hollywood Blvd to celebrate our friend Sierras 18th birthday. Going down to LA for the weekend was a fun time and a great opportunity to really see the city and checkout some college campuses but I think NY might have the edge;) However what was really cool is I met the producer for SKEETV and started talking with him about business and career opportunities for a few hours and got his contact information for a potential job which is pretty cool even thought he's stationed down in LA. It felt like everyone I met while I was in LA was a part of a startup or had some important roll in the art industry which was super cool to learn about I must admit. Anyways the cons of LA was I woke up really late everyday and now I'm scrambling to get all my homework done so maybe I should just stay in Santa Barbara from now on. Lesson learned, but I'm looking forward to an exciting week with a meeting with my counselor and attending an NYU orientation. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted along with the rest of the usual shenanigans!



No comments:

Post a Comment