Thursday, September 7, 2017

Labor Day Weekend Fun

Being the first week of September: not only is this my first blog entry but it's also Labor Day weekend! To be honest I have never appreciated Labor Day weekend to such an extent as I have this year. Not only did our school give us the Monday off, but to my benefit of not having class on Fridays I had luxury of a 4 day weekend! Oh yes, more than half the week was a weekend. I love it. With so much free time I decided it was the perfect opportunity to go home to Los Gatos and see my family for the weekend.

One of my five roommates, Evan is also from Los Gatos like me. I've actually known Evan since 4th grade when I joined a competitive soccer team and played with him until Junior year of high school when he picked up lacrosse. We decided to carpool home early Friday morning with Evans girlfriend, Kylee who goes to CSU Channel Islands. The five hour drive flew by to my surprise and seemed to last only a few hours which consisted of a nice pitstop at a McDonalds and the blasting of country music on the interstate.

It's funny because as soon as I arrived home in Los Gatos I found myself only wanting to be back in Santa Barbara. However, it was extremely nice to go out and eat a real dinner for once and see my family. Since I've lived in Santa Barbara most of my dinners consist of Annie's Mac n Cheese or Pepperoni Hot Pockets. So after going to one of my favorite restaurants in Los Gatos, The Pastaria I was feeling pretty good to say the least. The weekend essentially consisted of homework and nice dinners with my family since all my friends are off at school.

Monday evening I returned home in Santa Barbara and since its been a fairly mellow week for me at school with the exception of Club Day and my first day working as a Social Media Marketer. Club Day was Wednesday and I gave a few clubs my contact information so they could email me their schedules and I could decide which would be the best fit for me and my schedule. I signed up for the Math Club, the Economics Club, and The Open Mind Project. I'm not totally sure which I'm going to actually join, but I'm planning on checking out the Math Club's first meeting later today and seeing how it goes. As for my first day as a Social Media Marketer I was called upon to attend Rafa Esparzas Atkinson Gallery in room 202 of the Humanities building. Rafa is going to be working at SBCC for the next month until October 5th creating structures made from adobe mud. I arrived at the gallery to find Rafa and his team prepping the Adobe by breaking it down with their feet. I filmed Rafa prepping the Adobe and the video was posted on the SBCC Snapchat. I was super proud to have contributed to SBCC's snapchat for the first time and am excited to work more and see Rafa's progression with his artwork.

All in all a pretty slow week for me as not much has happened, however Im excited one of my best friends is visiting me this weekend from UCLA so I'm excited to see him and show him around Santa Barbara and catchup. To end the blog today I thought I'd share a picture I captured this morning during my Boot Camp class. Turns out 8 am's aren't all that bad . I've found it's actually a really nice way to start off the day early in the morning with a tough workout and to be fair it would be hard to hate class with views like this. I hope everyone had a good week, I know I enjoyed mine and I'm looking forward to tackling the next one on Monday. Stay tuned, go Vaqueros!!
a basic SBCC PE class




No comments:

Post a Comment